The Organizing Committee of DPP2018 is pleased to announce the Australian Student Travel Grant Program. For the first time since 1979, the symposium is leaving Europe or North America and will be held in the Asia-Pacific region. The Australasian pig science academic and industry community has united efforts to meet the high standards set by the previous meetings. In 2018, we are particularly proud to introduce a student grant program to assist honours and postgraduate (MSci and PhD) students to attend the symposium.
Australian grants will be limited and awarded on a competitive basis for students working on a research project in the area of pig digestive physiology, nutrition, gut microbiology and immunology or other related areas.
The grants will be separated into two sectors:
- Students based in South East Queensland who are awarded a grant will be offered a reimbursement of early bird student registration for DPP2018 (value AU$260).
- Australian domestic students, outside of South East Queensland, will be awarded a travel grant of AU$500 to support their attendance. This travel grant will be made available for collection at the symposium.
- The organizing committee will award the grants on the academic merit based on opportunity of the candidates
- Students are only eligible for one travel grant (and they are not transferable)
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted and be registered for DPP2018
- Travel grant submissions will close on 28 March 2018
- Travel grant recipients will be notified by email by Tuesday 15 May 2018.
To be eligible for a DPP2018 travel grant, applicants must:
- Be an honours or postgraduate (MSci or PhD) student enrolled in an Australian research institute or university at the time of application
- Provide a complete curriculum vitae (CV) and a letter of support from supervisor
- Provide a current photograph together with the official DPP2018 travel application form
- Have an abstract accepted by DPP2018 (please ensure you submit an abstract into the system; abstract notifications will be sent on 30 April)
- Finalise registration for DPP2018.
Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com (Attn: Marta Navarro) by Wednesday, 28 March 2018 with ‘Australian travel grant’ in the email’s subject line. To make an enquiry, please also email as above.